Conditions of Use
SKIP HIRE CONDITIONS
- The term skip shall be deemed to be any type or number of containers.
- The owners are ROCKTOP SKIP HIRE.
- COMMENCEMENT AND TERMINATION OF HIRING
Hire will commence when the skip is delivered on the hirer’s site and cease when it is removed from the Hirer’s site by the owners vehicle.
- DELIVERY IN GOOD ORDER AND MAINTENANCE
Unless notified within 24 hours all skips will be deemed to have been delivered in good order and to the hirer’s satisfaction.
- USE OF SKIPS
- Where the skip is hired for disposal of rubbish or waste material such rubbish or waste material must be acceptable by the Local Authority’s Cleansing Department or similar Authority as suitable for disposal, and if for any reason the Local Authority’s Cleansing Department or similar Authority make a charge higher than their normal charge such charge will be the responsibility of the Hirer.
- Chemicals, poisonous or toxic or dangerous materials, or acids or explosives or any type of liquids must not be placed in the skip unless full written details are supplied to the Owners and suitable arrangements are made for disposal and all charges and expenses will be the responsibility of the hirer.
- HIRER RESPONSIBILITIES
- the hirer shall be responsible for and indemnify the Owners against loss of and/or damage to the skip at all cost charges, expenses and consequential loss arising from such loss and/or damage.
- Liability arising from use or custody of the skip The Hirer shall be responsible for and shall indemnify the Owners against all claims whatsoever arising in connection with or arising out of the hire of the skip.
- Notification of accidents The hirer shall immediately on the happening of any accident to plant, notify the Owners and shall advise the full details thereof in writing within 7 days.
- CONFORMING TO VARIOUS STATUTORY CONDITIONS
The hirer shall be responsible for compliance with all statutory requirements governing the siting of the skip and shall be responsible for attending to and maintenance of :
- Rear markings as defined in the Motor Vehicle (Rear Markings) Regulations 1970 and any subsequent amendments to this Act
- the traffic cones ,
- the red warning lights as required by section 31, Highways Act 1971 Section 55 Road Traffic Act 1967 and any subsequent amendments to these Acts. In the event of non-compliance by the Hirer to any such statutory legislation the Hirer shall indemnify the Owner’s for all costs and expenses the Owner’s incur as a result of such non-compliance.
- PAYMENT TERMS.
If the Hirer shall make default in punctual payment on the sums to be paid by him for the hire of the said Skip, or shall fail to observe and perform the terms and conditions of this agreement on his part to be observed and performed or if the Hirer shall do or cause to be done or permit or suffer any act or thing whereby the Owner’s right in the said skip may be prejudiced or put in jeopardy this agreement shall forthwith determine (without notice or other act on the part of the owners and notwithstanding that the owner’s may have waived some previous default or matter of the same or like nature) and it shall thereupon be lawful for the owners to retake possession of the said Skip and for that purpose to enter into or upon any premises where the same may be and the determination of the hiring under the clause shall not affect the rights of the Owners to recover from the Hirer any monies due to the owners under this Agreement for damages or breach thereof.