Frequently Asked Questions
When ordering a skip, the following questions and answers should be considered:
- Skip hire : What is the maximum size skip i should use?
If the skip is likely to be heavy with soil or hardcore the maximum size is 8 Cubic Yds.
- Skip hire : Don't you do larger ones than 8 cu Yds?
We do offer much larger containers to commerce which range from 12 to 40 Cubic Yards.
- Skip hire : What if i underestimate the size that I need?
We are concerned that you get that job done. Under estimating your skip size can be more expensive and frustrating. Always allow enough space.
- Skip hire : Where should i get the skip put?
For householders correct positioning is the key. A skip needs to allow for a 9ft entrance and is up to 12ft long. Most drives are suitable but thought should be taken to the quality of the surface. Lorries can be heavy! Tell us what you have. Also you may have exposed drain covers, low branches, or a restricted access.
- Skip hire : I don't have a drive - where can i put it?
If you do not possess a drive or cannot get it on your existing one you might need to consider the road. A permit is required for a skip on a public highway and usually takes three working days to obtain. Do remember that you need to create space on the road. Verges are usually not permitted.
- Skip hire : How much space do you need for a 20 - 40 cu Yd skip?
The wagons need a 50 ft clearance and turning area so are really designed for commercial sites.
- Skip hire : How soon do I have to tell you that I need the skip exchanged?
If you know you will need another skip exchange or would like to make certain of a collection date, please give us at least 24 hours notice or tell us when ordering. We pride ourselves on an excellent service when we have all the facts!
- Skip hire : What sorts of waste can I put in the skip?
Waste type is important for a variety of reasons so please tell us when ordering. Please remember that legislation does not allow us to carry asbestos, oils, paint, or car batteries unless we know ahead.
- Skip hire : How far ahead should I order the skip?
Demand for skips is always higher at weekends and holidays so make plans well ahead.
- Skip hire : How do I decide which skip type I need?
40cy roll on / off bin are designed for light waste only, E.G. paper, cardboard, wood, etc. There is also a 5 tonne weight restriction on these bins. Any excess weight is chargeable.
20cy roll on / off bin can be used for rubble, concrete, soil etc.
2 cy up to 2 tonne in weight (approx. 20-25 full bin bags)
4cy up to 4 tonne in weight (approx. 30-40 full bin bags)
8cy up to 8 tonne in weight (approx. 50-60 full bin bags)
12cy Only light materials
Covered skips are only for light materials
Skip hire : Frequently asked questions.